This role will see you working in an Oxford based company, specialising in the sourcing of reliable, high quality in vitro diagnostic tools and products for clinical industrial and research laboratories. They are 20 years old and have grown via merger and natural growth and incorporated a range of supply lines and new technologies over this time.
Principally, this role will involve working with a range of companies in the UK and ensure the supply and client management of key businesses in their client base. You will be the point of contact for demonstrations, enquiries, product information (broadly this role strikes me as the clients’ Contact-Point and Problem Solver-in-Chief).
This is at it’s core, a communications-based role. We are seeking someone happy to spend a lot of time in-person and speaking with clients over the phone with emails and other contact means supporting this. We are seeking someone who is proactive and keen to build relationships, learn about clients and understand as much as possible to enable themselves to be the best point of contact possible.
What you’ll do:
This role effectively boils down to Client Relationship Management. The job is very much about management of the companies activities which all point towards an end-user who in addition to being a valued client will have regular questions and require products being demonstrated.
The role will provide training and maintain product information which breaks down into:
- Provide up to date product information and training to colleagues and customers
- Implement departmental procedure and related documentation
- Provide Technical support to customers, product information and respond to telephone and email enquiries
- Demonstrate products and assist in production of demonstration materials i.e. writing and delivering presentations
- Provide installation, breakdown, preventative maintenance cover, all necessary documentation to clients, and help colleagues to meet departmental targets.
- Investigation, documentation and resolution of customer complaints. Liaison with suppliers (and building good relationships here also) and coming back in a timely/professional manner.
- Providing customer feedback as a key individual having much of the in-person contact, your observations and things you pick up while out in the field will be key information.
We are seeking someone qualified to Degree level in Biomedical, Life Science, Chemistry or related subject area.
You will ideally have experience in working in a similar environment / role type to this.
While ideally, we are seeking 2-3 years in a client facing / similar role field, we are open minded on what ‘right’ looks like for this.
For example, this is very much a contact based role coupled with being a technical one. Two of the core, essential factors to success is someone who personality wise is outgoing and second wants to be making contact proactively as well as enjoying problem solving.
Please outline these personality traits on the CV or refer to them in your cover letter / amend the CV to bring this side of things to life for us.
We are seeking someone who can show a background in managing customer expectations and needs, and is able to find solutions to issues using their company knowledge coupled with own initiative. This is a small business, you will have the scope to have a huge impact.
If you think this is for you, we look forward to receiving your application!
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency. Also, be assured that ALL customer contact in-person is in a COVID safe framework