We are recruiting for an R&D Scientist to join a client in Manchester on a permanent basis.
Our client is a contract analytical laboratory specialising in problem solving and analytical development. They have an extensive range of chromatographic and mass spectrometric instrumentation and require an R&D Scientist to join the team to undertake Research and Development activities in various key research streams.
What you’ll do:
The role of the R&D Scientist comes with the growth of the E&L (Extractables and Leachables) and E-Cigarette testing within the business and the various key technical research areas will include:
- Sample preparation development to allow trace analysis from the wide variety of sample matrices.
- Automation of sample preparation techniques for both HPLC(MS) and GC(MS) analysis, working with external partners to develop these solutions and then embedding into company practice.
- Development and validation of HPLC(MS) and GC(MS) methods to GMP standards.
- Development of increasingly sophisticated software and database approaches to allow cross-correlation of data between analytical techniques and support comprehensive material characterisation and identification of unknowns.
This role will be based at the Manchester facility however you will be expected to attend meetings, exhibitions and visit customers in the UK and globally when required.
Key responsibilities for the R&D Scientist:
- Support technical staff with non-routine projects.
- Support technical staff through problem solving in HPLC(MS) and GC(MS) methods.
- Research new analytical techniques/methodologies to support new and existing customers.
- Perform experimental studies which increase the company’s knowledge space within extractables and leachables.
- Develop experimental studies which can be delivered as presentations, whitepapers and marketing materials to help support the global thought leadership position of the company in key application areas.
- Support investigations in quality improvement where advanced technical input is required.
- Communicate with customers to understand their needs and provide required expertise and support.
As an experienced R&D Scientist essential requirements are:
- Qualified to at least BSc degree in Analytical Chemistry or similar discipline.
- Experience in developing sample preparation methods (SPE / SPME / DLLME etc.).
- Experienced in HPLC and GC analysis with Mass Spectrometric Detection (including High Resolution MS equipment).
- Experience in developing and validating analytical (chromatographic) methods.
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills.
- Excellent problem solving, time management and multi-tasking skills.
The package for the R&D Scientist is as follows:
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience, with generous quarterly AND annual bonus opportunities, a good% contribution pension and 24(+8 bank) holidays a year.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.
Louise Hall is the contact for the role and available on 0161 302 2119 / 07787 447 095. Do email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or your application.