Quality Control Chemist
Competitive salary + package
We are working with a global contract research organisation in Manchester – they are looking to recruit a Quality Control (QC) Chemist to join the team at their Manchester site.
The successful candidate will undertake analysis for R&D and production departments – delivering results in a timely manner and within the overall scope of specified project delivery and budget. Working with the QC Team Leader, the QC Manager and colleagues within the company to ensure individual and company performance targets are achieved. Central laboratory techniques will be from HPLC, GC, and NMR.
What you’ll do:
The main duties and responsibilities for the QC Chemist include (but are not limited to):
- To perform and assist colleagues to perform qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis of various materials associated with the company’s operations. This will include material sampling, Q.C analysis, method development analysis and analysis in support of R&D chemists and production.
- To ensure all tasks set by the QC Team Leader and QCA Manager are completed in a timely manner and within the Quality parameters set out by the company’s QMS (Quality Management System).
- Maintain accurate records of all work carried out – to a level suitable for external examination if required and in line with current Standard Operating Procedures.
- To present analytical results verbally and/or written to colleagues – and clients when required.
- To work cleanly, safely and tidy in line with company 5S policy and to influence safe working practices and comply as required.
- To keep up-dated with current practices and relevant scientific progress within Analytical Chemistry field. To work with colleagues to ensure all in-process, raw material and finished product analysis is carried out to high level of accuracy and efficiency.
- To compile and sign off on Certificates of Analysis prior to product despatch.
- To assist QC Team Leader to ensure all analytical equipment is maintained and calibrated with records kept.
- To support procedures for documenting specification and method details.
- To support secure and traceable storage of analytical data.
- To communicate effectively to all levels of colleagues within the company.
- Ensure familiarity with all the departments instrumentation and software systems (such as Top Spin, Chromeleon and OpenLabs chemstation).
- You’ll be qualified to at least degree (BSc) level in a chemistry related subject with at least 6 months industrial experience in a similar role.
- Experience using HPLC and GC is advantageous to this role as is working to industrial regimes such as GMP, UKAS, etc.
- Proficient in use of MS Office, Word and Excel: chemical structure drawing and literature searching tools such as Chemdraw, ACD Labs and Reaxys.
- You will be able to commute reliably to laboratory base. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required. Sufficiently flexible to be able travel on business if required.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.