Quality Control Chemist
Reading area / West Berkshire
Mid £20,000’s Salary
We are working with a mid scale company in the Reading area, involved in GMP Manufacturing, Custom Synthesis, Large Scale Manufacturing and Contract Development and Manufacturing. They have a further network of sites in Switzerland and Eastern Europe. They are seeking a QC Chemist to carry out analysis of products and write analytical reports.
What you’ll do:
Carry out product analysis and record analytical results
• Help in the development of analytical methods
• Prepare technical documentation, including SOPs and policies
• Analyse experimental data
• Produce technical presentations
• Anticipate and solve analytical problems
• Contribute to training of junior staff and sharing knowledge within the team
• Experience of analytical and testing techniques such as HPLC/UPLC, Auto Titration, Karl Fischer, FTIR, UV, NMR, QNMR
• BSc in a chemistry discipline is required
• MSc in a chemistry discipline would be advantageous but not essential
• Experience of working in a fast pace analytical Quality Control department an advantage
• Strong problem solving skills
• Good understanding of laboratory housekeeping and safety practices
• Excellent time management and planning skills
• Good supportive team work is essential
Our client offers a competitive and comprehensive employment package with generous holidays, flexible working, annual salary reviews, annual bonuses, and more.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.