We are hiring for a QC Manager for our client based in Bristol, part of a multi-national company with a global footprint. They are a leading supplier of innovative high performance life science research reagents with customers throughout the world's pharmaceutical companies, universities and research institutes. The company is currently moving into a more diverse market and as such this is an exciting time to get on board.
What you’ll do:
This QC Manager position will be responsible for managing the team of analysts (currently 7) and the QC and other analytical requirements at our client in Bristol. Ensuring the needs for QC and other analytical requirements of both GMP and non-GMP products, custom work for external customers, and support for research and innovation projects are achieved within agreed timeframes. Working closely with QA, Chemistry, and other relevant departments to ensure efficient working processes are maintained.
Along with the duties out-lined below you will have the ability to build and maintain key relationships within QC and all other areas/teams within the business. Working closely with QA you will ensure full compliance to cGMP within QC department.
Key responsibilities for the QC Manager role:
- Be a subject matter expert for the QC team and all its functions to all internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Be the driving force behind the QC labs' compliance and integrity of work, ensuring realistic and achievable timelines are communicated and ultimately achieved.
- Proactively plan QC laboratory operations and develop processes that cover both the cGMP and non-GMP work ensuring an efficient workflow is maintained.
- Budget responsibility: Identifying, justifying (through use of metrics where applicable) and requesting additional equipment and/or resource requirements within the annual budget.
- Understand all analytical techniques as required for company needs and keep abreast of new technology and implement as appropriate.
- Ensure that all equipment and processes within the analytical function have appropriate documentation. Ensure that all SOP's, methods, protocols, method and equipment validation, method development/ transfer and reports are implemented as required. Ensure that documentation and procedures are followed.
- Responsibility for internal and external QC audits.
- Ensuring that service, maintenance, validation, and calibration of equipment is carried out at appropriate intervals and as per relevant documentation.
- Responsible for the safety of department members, ensuring that all members of the team are suitably qualified and trained to undertake the tasks assigned to them in a safe and compliant manner.
- To lead, manage and motivate the QC team to deliver their goals and objectives in relation to the company vision and strategy.
- Responsible for recruitment and selection of QC team members and assisting in recruitment for other teams as appropriate, in conjunction with the HR team.
- Team communications: to hold regular one-to-one and team meetings to ensure open, real-time, two-way feedback and communication channels.
- Performance management: to conduct effective bi-annual performance appraisals for the QC team members of varying levels of experience, goal-setting, and handling attendance or underperformance issues in collaboration with the HR team.
- Train, coach and mentor team members in all areas of work in the lab and have sound and extensive knowledge of all processes and procedures in order to provide technical support and advice to all team members when required.
For the QC Manager role:
Minimum requirements for the QC Manager role:
- Degree in chemistry, pharmaceutical Sciences or related in combination with a significant amount of related post-qualification experience.
- Extensive knowledge of GMP, ICH guidelines, BP/EP/USP methods and a strong understanding of QA processes and methodology.
- Strong scientific acumen and hands-on experience (including within a cGMP environment) of wide range of analytical techniques, especially (but not limited to) HPLC/UPLC, LCMS, GC.
- Demonstrated ability to design and effectively communicate detailed project plans; ability to plan, work with, and deliver to timelines to ensure company goals are achieved.
- Sustained high level of performance and productivity; results focused, with a business orientated and strong commercially astute approach.
- A proven track record of effectively managing a team and team deliverables.
- Have a thorough grasp of the principles and required standards of H&S, and experience of reviewing and implementing a QC’s laboratory H&S requirements
Specific competencies for the QC Manager role:
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills to engage with different audiences.
- You’ll be approachable with a strong team working ethic – able to establish effective relationships within your team and the wider group.
- Be self-motivating with strong leadership/mentoring skills.
- Possess excellent organizational, problem solving and trouble shooting skills to ensure deadlines are met effectively delivering on client requirements.
Salary range for the QC Manager role is competitive and will be commensurate with skills and experience of successful candidate. A comprehensive package includes pension, health and dental cover, Life Assurance, Long-term Absence Cover and Cycle to Work Scheme.
To apply for the QC Manager role:
Cover notes supporting your application are welcomed. On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.
Please email email@example.com with your most up to date CV and a cover letter.