The Company: Is a fast growing, contract pharmaceutical development company working with customers all over the world to develop new pharmaceuticals and biotechnology products for a wide variety of disease indications in both adults and children. The company has been running for over 10 years and employees over 100 staff.
The company promotes learning and development of its staff.
Job Title: Production Packing Technicians. £16,000-£18,000 per annum
What you’ll do
• Operate various packaging equipment including blister filling, bottle filling, tablet counters, labelling, check weighing and manual filling.
• To set up packaging area in preparation for packaging and labelling operations in accordance with GMP, including routine checking and testing of equipment and environmental conditions.
• Cleaning the equipment and the work area.
• Understanding and following site Health and Safety procedures and maintaining a safe working environment.
• Understanding and following Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and maintaining high housekeeping standards, including high level cleans.
• Following verbal and detailed written processing instructions with accuracy.
• Completing batch processing documents using simple mathematical calculations.
• Assisting with setting of rooms during changeovers.
• Moving and lifting components and equipment using mechanical aids as appropriate
• Taking ownership and responsibility of all aspects of running the GMP rooms.
• Ensuring all documents are checked and approved prior to undertaking production
Ideally the candidate will have hold A’Level/BTEC or BSc in a chemistry subject, with some experience of working within a GMP environment.
• Enthusiasm and drive to succeed, develop and progress through the manufacturing department
• Ability to follow instructions with accuracy
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Team player who enjoys and works well within a small team
• A flexible attitude and commitment to work extended hours in peak periods.
• Reconciliation skills
On this occasion LiCa Scientific Ltd is acting as an employment agency for this role.