The Company: Is a fast growing, contract pharmaceutical development company working with customers all over the world to develop new pharmaceuticals and biotechnology products for a wide variety of disease indications in both adults and children. It is a mid -sized company which has been established for over 10 years; employing over 100 people.
The company invests heavily in career progression and development of its staff, this role would be ideal for a graduate with experience of work within a GMP lab.
Job Title: Production Operator c £18,000-£21,000. Permanent role.
What you’ll do
In this role you’ll be working in the large scale manufacturing end of a pharmaceutical company developing new pharma products for patients, therefore this is going to be detailed work; working in a time dependent environment to GMP standards at all times.
• Equipment use
• Material booking in and storage
• Repair and maintenance of kit (where necessary)
• Maintenance of calibration logs/status and upkeep of material calibration
• Ensuring sufficient stock levels are maintained for machine consumables/area
• consumables such as HEPA filters
• Ensuring equipment log books are maintained
• Ordering of materials and equipment for production campaigns where required
• Performance of IQ (Installation Qualification)/OQ (Operational Qualification) for new equipment where required
• Ensuring sufficient stock levels of consumables and appropriate PPE are kept
• Production of risk and COSHH assessments for activities undertaken within the area
• Maintenance and updates to Production Checklists where necessary
• Waste disposal of pharma waste and solvent waste
• Working to GMP requirements at all times
• Accurately following set procedures and batch documentation
• Working in a Health & Safety conscious manner following safe systems of work
You will have A’level/BTEC/BSc in Chemistry or a related area, with some practical experience within a GMP(Good Manufacturing Practice) environment.
• Enthusiasm and drive to succeed, develop and progress through the manufacturing department.
• Ability to follow instructions with accuracy
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Team player who enjoys and works well within a small team
• A flexible attitude and commitment to work extended hours in peak periods.
• Reconciliation skills
On this occasion LiCa Scientific Ltd is acting as an employment agency