We are hiring for a Synthetic Chemist to work within an expanding API team. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of pharmaceutical projects covering a range of synthetic organic chemistry. This is a role which will be required for 6 months if not longer salary will be pro-rata £25,000 to £30,000
What you’ll do:
- Plan, perform and manage chemical syntheses in accordance with regulatory and company procedures.
- Conduct route development and/or technology transfer studies in support of a range of scales. Considering scalability, safety and cost of goods for the proposed route.
- Prepare cost estimates and client proposals in collaboration with Business Development.
- Act as a Project Manager for syntheses as assigned and function as a point of contact for clients, providing periodic updates, reports and archiving.
- Perform in-process analytical testing where relevant and/or ensure that analytical, microbiological (where relevant) and materials science/spectroscopic testing needs are discussed and agreed with the onsite analytical team.
- Ensure, where required, that laboratory work and associated documentation complies with GMP or other regulatory requirements, internal policies/procedures and client requirements.
- Support manufacturing operations with shift cover as required.
The successful candidate will be hold a PhD OR BSc in synthetic organic chemistry and have a minimum of one year’s experience in a Fine Chemical / Pharmaceutical / CMO background. Experience of scale up manufacture to 20 L would be an advantage, as would experience of GMP operations.
You should be able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, and must be self-motivated.
A high level of personal integrity and commitment is essential, as is a flexible approach to new work challenges.
Please register on www.licasci.com and apply, in doing so you can opt to receive or Wednesday update email detailing similar roles in future. Please call 0161 4434173 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any informal questions ahead of application.