Our client is an innovative and successful business working in the development of inks technology. They are seeking a candidate with experience in formulation and development of new chemical technologies to research new intellectual property.
Due to the company’s rapid expansion in the field of inline digital printing solutions, an excellent opportunity has arisen for an Ink Development Specialist. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of ink and coating R&D, with a particular focus on developing new coatings for printing processes such as flexo and gravure. They will also be required to interface with commercial functions and external stakeholders, including customers, partners and suppliers.
The ideal candidate will be qualified to in a scientific discipline (preferably chemistry or a related physical science) with significant experience in formulating coatings for traditional printing processes. A practical capability of delivering formulations from lab scale to production is highly desirable.
- Initiation and delivery of ink and coating related projects in line with the company’s over-arching strategy and business objectives.
- Being an active member of the Ink and Coatings R&D team to ensure that new product development meets customer requirements.
- Ensuring at all times that best in class materials are used in inks and coatings, through supplier engagement and liaison with relevant industrial bodies.
- Developing ink and coatings products that meet all necessary regulatory requirements in target territories. Achieving certification or approval from regulatory bodies such as REACH and Swiss Ordinance, where appropriate.
- Contributing to IP in technology focussed on pigments, coatings and ink technologies.
- Participating and leading continuous improvement activities within the department.
- Ensuring H&S policies are adhered to, and new ones are implemented related to ink and coatings development work.
- Applying sound project management methodology at all times, following a gated process.
- Mentoring and leading a team of one or two technicians, with potential to grow this team.
- Conducting technical management project reviews, and appraise staff through SMART objectives.
- Supporting the technical service team at print trials when necessary.
- 5-10 years of ink or coatings formulation experience in traditional printing processes such as flexo and gravure.
- A proven track record in delivering inks and coatings to market.
- Experience of industrial printing applications such as packaging, labels and metal decoration.
- Management experience of a small team.
- BSc or PhD qualified in a scientific discipline (preferably chemistry or a related physical science).
- Experience of regulatory compliance and audits.
- Experience of a wide range of analytical techniques and ink and coating characterisation methods.
- Knowledge of GMP guidelines.
- Experience in leading technical investigations
- Proven ability in quickly generating reports and contributing towards IP development.
- Experience and involvement in Lean manufacturing initiatives would be a benefit. Green belt six sigma (or above) highly preferred.
- Project management and design of experiment competence.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific Ltd is acting as an employment agency.