We are recruiting for an experienced Development Chemist on a permanent basis to work in the North East of the UK for a successful pharmaceutical company. Our client is based in Cramlington, this is roughly 20 minutes north of Newcastle by car and well connected to public transport.
As a Development Chemist you'll be working within the Research and Development team. Your role will be to develop and demonstrate new processing in the laboratory and translate those processes into one which is capable of running within our client's assets at the appropriate scale. You will report to the Group Leader with regular contact with the Lab Project Manager and /or PPG Manager - however you will have autonomy over your daily activities and responsibilities with no direct responsibility for other staff.
What you’ll do:
- As a SAP user the job holder will be required to carry out assigned SAP transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Define and/or demonstrate process route(s), draft process outlines and approve PRSs (Pure Resourcing Solutions)
- Develop and optimise processes
- Support scale-up, pilot, semi-works and commercial manufacture, which may include shift working.
- Comply with all HSE requirements including safety policies and procedures
- Conduct HSE audits and internal safety/ housekeeping audits.
- Work closely with Hazard Evaluation and HSE to ensure that all processes are safe both at laboratory and manufacturing scale.
- Prepare interim and final reports and communicate as and when required with customers
- Close contact with Hazard Evaluation, ADG, Manufacturing, Quality and Purchasing
The candidate should be someone who has been working already for several years as a Development Chemist with industry experience; they will have a good knowledge of plant based unit operations and the application of techniques such as BRITEST to improve processes. They will have a background and good understanding of Synthetic Organic Chemistry.
- Minimum: Good Honors degree in a relevant Chemical discipline
- preferably hold a PhD in synthetic organic chemistry
- Several years Research and Development experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all cGMP requirements/guidelines applicable to API manufacture.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent laboratory skills
- Good knowledge of IT
To apply for the Development Chemist role:
Cover notes supporting your application are welcomed. On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.
Please email email@example.com with your most up to date CV and a cover letter