Chemical Project Leader
CDI / Permanent
Competitive salary and package
We are working with a multinational client with decades of market experience in supplying pharmaceutical and biotech companies with small to commercial scale cGMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) peptide API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient) manufacturing, using world-class production processes.
They are hiring for a Chemical Project Leader at degree to PhD level, with experience of synthesis chemistry.
What you’ll do:
The chemical project leader
- Leads chemical process development projects for the industrial manufacturing of peptides.
- In collaboration with lab assistants, generates experimental data in the frame of feasibility studies, process development/optimisation, studies supporting validation, trouble-shooting for running productions
- Performs scale-up of developed processes in pilot unit
- Transfers developed processes to production department
- Integrates cGMP requirements in developed processes
- Provides adequate technical reporting
- Participates to the drafting of master batch records
- Provides technical input for the preparation of regulatory documents
- Provides technical input for new project evaluations
- Participates as technical expert to regular teleconferences and meetings with customers and internal team meetings
- Reports to the Head of Process Development & Scale-up
We are seeking a University degree or PhD in a chemistry related discipline, with Peptide Chemistry of interest however we are keen to look at a variety of backgrounds.
- Master degree in chemistry or chemistry-related discipline. PhD is a plus.
- Several years of experience in process development in chemical or pharmaceutical industry is a plus
- Knowledge or experience in peptide chemistry appreciated
- Ability to work in team
- Autonomous and proactive
- Good communication skills
- Hands-on and result-oriented
- English (written and spoken) as this role will speak with customers, and French (or willing to learn French), as this is the official language of the site
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.