Chemical Production Technician
Days/Nights Shift Pattern
Competitive salary + package
We are working with a multinational fine chemical company in Manchester who are seeking Production Technicians.
This role will carry out process instructions as described in the batch sheet in a safe and professional manner in order to produce results to the required quality and within the time and cost budgets allocated by the Production Manager.
What you’ll do:
You will work with senior production technicians, production chemists and other colleagues in order to ensure that individual and company performance targets are met. You will also be responsible to ensure that the equipment is operated correctly in the manner described in SOPs pertinent to the department. The plant consists of several reactor vessels and other equipment used in fine chemicals manufacture.
Further duties of this role are:
- To carry out process instructions as described in the batch sheet in a safe and professional manner.
- To work effectively and efficiently with production chemists and senior production technicians in a team of four people.
- Be able to work and operate in a safe manner understanding safety procedures for the plant.
- To confidently and correctly operate equipment according to current SOP’s.
- Transferring/sampling materials in a safe manner on and around the site as required following current SOP’s.
- Communicating and working effectively across numerous departments.
- To liaise continuously with other team members to resolve any difficulties encountered in the processing.
- Receipt incoming goods in the absence of warehouse staff.
- To carry out other duties as may be required from time to time by senior managers.
- Helping towards the companies 5S programme across the whole site.
- Working a 3 shift system 24/7 (Sunday night – Friday afternoon).
- To provide support to the waste team in removing waste safely off site.
- GCSE’s in Maths, English and Science required.
- City and Guilds Process Operations Parts 1 & 2.
- Experience of working in a chemical plant environment.
- Experience of driving a counter balance Fork Life Truck (FLT), with up to date licence preferred.
- Requires a good knowledge of Health and Safety regulations in a working plant environment.
- Evidence of being well organised and able to prioritise workloads in a time critical environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Accurate attention to detail.
- High motivated and an exceptional work ethic is essential.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.