Analytical Development Chemist
Salary range to £27,000 to £37,000
Package includes 33 days holiday, Private Healthcare, Pension, Free Parking, Free Fruit, various team building clubs, pay bonus schemes and family friendly payments.
We are working with a global fine chemicals company who are seeking an Analytical Development Chemist. The role will report into the Head of Development and work closely with Quality Control, R&D, Production and Safety. The role will enable Synthesis Chemists to correctly and accurately plan and carry out projects.
You will be undertaking analytical projects which will be related to projects undertaken by Research and Development. The qualifications for this role are BSc up to PhD in Chemistry or a related field.
What you’ll do:
- You will be personally performing and helping the team members to perform quantitative and qualitative chemical analysis of chemicals associated with the companies operations.
- Proposals will cross your desk and it will be your responsibility to understand the overall scope of the projects and the delivery aspects required. You will then advise on these and shape out the activities to deliver
- You will provide solutions required by use of techniques such as method development to aid analysis within Quality Control
- Ensure all in-process, raw material and finished product analysis is carried out
- Assist with Quality Control operations
- Ensure all project related tasks are carried out, plan project work, communicate timelines
- Present reports, to both customers and work colleagues. Meet customers, this may involve occasional travel
- Maintain accurate records of work carried out
- Work with software systems, Top Spin, Chromeleon, CSS and Openlabs Chemstation
- BSc to PhD qualified in Chemistry or related field
- Industry experience however high technical knowledge is the main point that we require. We feel at LiCa Scientific that this role would be suitable for someone seeking progression and advancement in analytical chemistry, having spent some time already in the field.
- You will be keeping yourself up to date with current practices and relevant scientific progress pertinent to analytical chemistry
- Experience of core analytical techniques, HPLC, GC, NMR, IR-Spec, UV-Vis and MS
- Experience of software’s above is advantageous
- Strong communication and team work skills
- Strong organisational skills
We are available for any questions ahead of applications, and all contact will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.