Process Chemistry Team Leader
We are working with a global drug development and manufacturing company who provide a range of services for complete drug development. They are looking for a Process Chemistry Team Leader to join their Drug Substance team based in Alnwick.
What you’ll do:
As a Process Chemistry Team Leader, you will have a variety of duties, including but not limited to:
• Providing leadership, mentorship and direction to facilitate progression opportunities for colleagues.
• Working with potential clients and the rest of the organisation to formalise the scope of work requests and to maximise the number and value of awards
• Identifying opportunities for business growth and supporting the commercial enquiry, cost estimation and proposal generation processes.
• Working with the Head of Department to monitor and control costs, implement training plans and deputise where required.
• Managing project progression, deliverables and budget, and completing reports about the quality standard and schedule.
• Planning and performing syntheses and purifications, and applying process chemistry knowledge to the development and synthesis of drug targets.
• Assist in the selection, acquisition and maintenance of equipment and preparing CAPEX justifications for purchase.
• Maintain, review and improve site procedures and laboratory systems to improve efficiency and compliance (GMP and HSE).
• Work flexibly across the site to meet business needs.
The successful candidate will have gained several years’ experience in Synthetic Chemistry and have an excellent academic record in Organic Chemistry up to and including doctoral level or an equivalent level of industrial experience.
This role requires experience of Leadership within a laboratory environment and of the day-to-day responsibility for development laboratories. The ability to effectively communicate and give constructive contributions toward the development of junior members of the department is essential.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as am employment agency.