Chemist (All Levels)
Craigavon, Northern Ireland
We are currently working with a global chemical company based in Craigavon. They provide a wide range of custom synthesis services, technology, and products to the pharmaceutical industry. They are currently looking to expand their team of chemists and so are looking for talented chemists at all levels to join their team.
What You’ll Do:
• Carry out practical experiments and demonstrate an understanding of organic chemistry, guided by the line manager where necessary.
• Use literature search engines to aid in selection of workplan.
• Aid in the development of processes that are suitable and robust to transfer to pilot/kilo lab within budget and the schedule assigned to that project.
• Identify problems and propose potential solutions, with supervision where necessary.
• Document all experimental work fully and accurately in lab notebooks.
• Perform and interpret own routine analysis (e.g. NMR, HPLC, LCMS, KF).
Who You’ll Be:
• Be educated to at least BSc in Chemistry or related discipline.
• An understanding of synthetic chemistry and the principals of analytical techniques.
• Practical laboratory experience of organic synthesis and analysis either from academic experiences or through experience in industry.
• Have the ability to learn theoretical knowledge and laboratory techniques.
• Be proficient in the use of IT packages such as Microsoft word, Excel etc.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an Employment Agency.